Tuesday, February 17, 2009

RODEO

So everyone January we go to the Ft. Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. This was Corbin's 5th year to go...can't believe it...the first time he was 18 months old. It is something Poppy and Corbin look forward too...and actually everyone has a good time! :) He has always called it the "Radio", but this was the first year he could pronounce it correctly...I kinda miss the "Radio!"
Take another glance at the first picture! This is how we arrived at the Rodeo....after 30 minutes of some intense shopping with a 5 year old...the below picture is how we looked for the rest of the day! He was set with a new shirt, hat, boots and a vest like his Poppy! I know he is my kid, but he was the cutest darn thing at the "Radio!" So we have some traditions when we go to the Rodeo and we had some firsts this year as well!

We always sit and try out all the tractors they have on display! The picture with the Bull is something we "try to do" every year, but this was the first time he wanted to sit on it and take a picture. He told Poppy, "why don't you sit with me....not because I am scared...just because I want you in the picture!" It was cute and he wants to do it next year again!
We always pet and see the animals at the Stock Show! For another first...we ventured out to the carnival this year. Poppy and Corbin rode a roller coaster...which Corbin loved. They are in the fourth car back. Corbin loved it! Mum and Mama were worried about Poppy because he looked a little pale when it was over, but he said he was fine! :)


Corbin was also ready to tackle the big Ferris Wheel. If you know me, you know I hate rides and especially at Carnivals....they just don't look safe to me. Poppy and Corbin were in line to get on the Ferris Wheel and I called David (who was with baby girl at home) and I said that I was nervous. He spoke in a firm tone to me and said, "Carrie, encourage him to be brave and enjoy rides....don't make him scared like you!" Yes sir!! So I put MY brave face on and did exactly that and told him how cool and fun everything was and what a BIG KID he is now to go on all the rides. Well, we about never got the "BIG KID" out of that Carnival! He loved it and wanted to go on everything. We were even a little late to the Rodeo!
Now this boy can get into the show. He loves the wagon races, but of course the Bull Riding is his favorite.

This is at the end of the day.....one happy COWBOY! Until next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its funny what grandkids can make the grandparents do, tara could make mom and dad do anything.