Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In God's Family



This picture was taken on February 12th 2009 right after evening bath. I laugh when I think of all the time Corbin's has surprised me with deep questions when I am not prepared. I love how he is always thinking and always asks great questions.

Corbin has such a heart for the Lord. He loves to learn about Him and ask questions and go to Church. He has been really into asking about Heaven and when we will all go there and at times his little heart is worried about Heaven. It can be a scary thing to think of when you are 5 years old...or any age for that matter! He has been worried that Poppy will go to Heaven soon and really wants to know when that will be. We just pray and ask God to help us not to worry and we remind him that in Heaven there is no pain or sadness and it is only a happy place where we can be with God our King.

Now back to my story of February 12th after bath time. So I am getting him out of bath and Corbin says, "Mama, are you in God's family?" I said, "Yes, bubba...and so are you!" Well, he put me in my place and said, "No I am not...I haven't said the special prayer to be in God's family forever!" So I said, "Well, do you want to say it right now?" He said, "Yes, I want to be in God's family forever!"

So, we called Daddy into the room and we all held hands on the bed and Corbin said the special prayer. Praise God for young hearts who yearn to be close to Him. What a blessing...I look forward to watching his growth and walk with God. I pray that the Lord will guide David and I as we help Corbin in His walk.

I had David take the above picture of Corbin so we could remember Corbin just how he was on this amazing day.

2 comments:

Gassid Boys said...

YAY Corbin! We are so proud of you! We love you!

Beverly Courrege said...

Carrie, my heart is full. Grammy? Faye is so thrilled by your blogging. I visited with her and she asked me the difference between a blog and facebook :) I said there really aren't any stories on facebook. I'm probably wrong BUT this blog about Corbin saying that special prayer brought me into your home.
It also took me back to Cord and JJ. JJ prayed with her first grade teacher, Barb TorpPeterson and again that night with us. Cord came home in the third grade announcing "Jesus is in his heart now,' having prayed with his teacher Winona Hood. Our evenings on their decision days was much like your evening with Corbin.What a precious memory to have a picture!
Carrie you have a gift! Incredible gift of motherhood and growing your Corbin and Chloe up with a total commitment of love in God's care.
Bless Corbin's heart concerning his Poppy going to Heaven too soon. I pray they have many, many walks hand in hand down that tree lined path in the picture I so love.
You are that Proverbs 31 woman and your praises for your kiddos will bless you when they have kids of their own.
I love your blog, and yet another gift of storytelling. No wonder your elementary students so loved their Ms. Hines! Praises for all of you godly teachers in a child's life!
I love you, too! bc