So....if you know my son...we can't rush things with him. He tends to get really frustrated if he can't do things just right! So we haven't pushed the learning of tying shoes. Well he has been asking and he has learned how to "tie" his robe. So today I gave him David's shoe and taught him how to tie like I used to teach my Kinder kids. (the bigger the shoe and shoe laces the easier to learn) I told him it takes lots of practice and if you get frustrated I will take the shoe away and we will try another day. He really impressed me...he said, "I will not get frustrated and just keep practicing!" Well...he did it! It was so fun to see him so proud of himself!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a great idea to use a big shoe. We are going through this right now and the frustration is huge. Thanks for the tip Carrie!!
Post a Comment