
We had such a blast at our ski trip to Deer Valley, Utah at the end of February! Mummy, Poppy, Bones, Dada, Mama, Corbin and Chloe went. It was Chloe's first plane ride and she did wonderful. We were lucky b/c Mummy and Poppy gave up their first class seats so we could have more room! I am sure everyone was nervous seeing a baby in first class...but several people came up after the flights and said she was so good!
Corbin loved seeing and most of all playing in that much snow for the first time. I would have to say the highlight was the sledding! He was so brave and flew down the mountain too many times to count. I have to say that sledding was fun for the adults too! We just went right out of our condo when the slopes closed and had a blast. Mummy and Poppy even loved sledding.
Corbin did great in ski school too....Poppy and Corbin had a private lesson for half a day. Our main goal was for him just to get used to it and have fun. That is what he did.....he never got upset he did great for his first time. A funny story.....we were all trying on our ski boots and getting our ski's and Corbin said his ski boots felt funny! I was like "oh don't worry, it takes a while to get used to ski boots....they are suppose to feel tight and a little funny to walk." So we totally blew by that and said don't worry about it, you have never had boots on before. Well the next morning we were getting all the gear on and Corbin would not let it go he said, "I really think something is wrong with this boot!" So finally David put half his arm down the boot and he found a toe warmer jammed in the boot. Corbin (as usual) was right....poor guy had a huge toe warmer in one boot. So then he took that old warmer and stuffed it in Mum's boot. He thought that was soo funny!
We did have some bumps on our trip...but looking back I only think of the good times. One night after dinner (we had left the kids with a babysitter) Chloe started to get sick. We were going to bed and Chloe started throwing up. She threw up 10 times or so in one hour. She wasn't crying tears and we couldn't get liquids down her and she would not stop throwing up! SOOOO Dada and I had to take her by ambulance to the ER! She was poked to get blood and had an unsuccessful long poke to try for an IV! Finally, the pediatric specialist came in and got the IV
in for some fluids. She had a bad stomach virus and was dehydrated. I don't know who cried more Mama or Chloe...it was pretty traumatic. We were up all night, but Dada still got some skiing in that day! The picture of Chloe in the pink hat was the night she got sick! I love that picture, but had no idea what was coming!
in for some fluids. She had a bad stomach virus and was dehydrated. I don't know who cried more Mama or Chloe...it was pretty traumatic. We were up all night, but Dada still got some skiing in that day! The picture of Chloe in the pink hat was the night she got sick! I love that picture, but had no idea what was coming!
On the way home we were flying through tornado warnings so it was really bumpy and we had to circle the airport. Luckily Chloe fell asleep but Mama, you guessed it was not feeling well now! We finally landed and I was holding it together....but then Poppy carried off Corbin from the plane, and yes...Corbin had gotten sick 2 or 3 times on the plane! Getting home was a mess....I bet our driver was ready to get rid of us! I got sick as I entered the house. Bones was such a help all trip as well. Poppy was up all night with Corbin so David could stay with me! WOW....that was probably fun to read. (the first pic is us recovering)
But I promise it was a great trip and I only think of the best time we had!
No comments:
Post a Comment