Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Weekend






We had a blast over Labor Day weekend~ Everyone was at Holly Lake. Mia, Corbin and Chloe had a great time playing together. Poppy even took all 3 grandkids to get donuts one morning by himself. He piled them all in the car and found the nearest donut place, and got them all out and went inside to find the donuts all gone. (church crowd) So he had to load (the confused and I want my donut) kids BACK into the car and find another donut place. He found one close by and unloaded again and finally got everyone settled with donuts. He sat down and Mia looked at him and said, "Poppy, I need to go potty"....and Chloe looked at him and said, "Poppy, hands!" Chloe's hands and face were covered with chocolate donuts and princess didn't like the mess. So Super Poppy took Mia to the Potty while he held the door open with his foot so he could keep an eye on Corbin and Chloe. He is really great with the kids and they all had a wonderful time.

We spent some time at the Ranch and Corbin had a big day. He shot his first 22 rifle. Now Poppy has talked to him about this for a while, and he was so excited and ready to be more like his Poppy. He asked me "how old do you have to be to get a hunting license?"

Poppy, as most of you know, is a complete stickler for gun safety and rules. (much to Mama's liking) So they went all over the rules and Corbin loves us to quiz him. I put him to bed the other night and he said, "Go ahead and ask me a rule about guns!" So I asked, "What if you see a gun at a friends house?" He said very proud, "I do not touch it, because it could really hurt me. I go find an adult and tell them that is dangerous!"

Rapid Fire was his favorite. He is focused.....he wanted to get that bullseye!
Chloe said, "no like, no watch" to the gun sound. So Mummy took her back to the barn! :)

1 comment:

Regular, with half and half and raw sugar said...

That donut story is hysterical. And that's just life for us everyday! Ha!