So we met Mom at the club to go swimming and there was a kids camp going on with bigger kids. Corbin loved to watch them jump off the diving board. (they were having big and little splash contests....remember those?)
Anyway...we asked Corbin several times if he wanted to FINALLY have a turn on the diving board. As always he would say, "YES" ..then we get close and he would change his mind.
So the camp kids left and there was really nobody in the pool, so I said .."come on bud, this is the perfect time to be brave!"
What do you know...he loved it! I knew he would. He jumped off like 10 times. The very first time he jumped he went sooooo deep....I WAS NERVOUS. I had to dive down and pull him up. As you can see I was right there when he would jump in. He came up and said, "Wow...I went really far down and you can't even touch, Mama!" I told him to kick as hard as he could once he hit the water. After that he would just pop up. He was very proud of himself and I told him he should be and how it was great he was brave to try new things. Whomever he talked to that day he would say, "have you ever been swimming in 12 feet deep water? Well...I have!" Fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment